Stone fruits are in season, and one of the best ways to make the most of them is by grilling them to maximize their flavor through caramelization.
Peaches are such versatile fruits that they are perfect for both sweet and savory dishes, and a must during the summer season because we will surely miss then during winter!
This desert is very simple to make. You can use white or yellow peaches, nectarines and even apricots; bake, griddle or grill them, which is even better!
Ideally, they should be cooked and eaten immediately. Just cut them in half and twist it in opposite directions to separate each segment and remove the stone. Brush each half with olive oil or melted butter, place them on a very hot grill (griddle or baking sheet) cut side down.
In order to get those beautiful grill marks, they should be cooked undisturbed for at least 2 minutes.
To make the cream, the mascarpone cheese should be at room temperature to avoid lumps and get a smooth texture. This desert can also be served with ice cream, cream cheese or yogurt. But a touch of honey and cinnamon are a must!
If you are a peach fan, you can check out these other peach recipes:
- Green Salad with Grilled Peaches
- Peach Cake
- Peach Galette
- Blueberry and Fruit Galette
- Blueberry and Peach Cobbler
If you try out these Grilled Peaches with Mascarpone Cheese, please do not forget to rate it and leave a comment! I love reading and replying to all your comments! You can also tag your pics to @elinasaiach on Instagram!
Grilled Peaches with Mascarpone Cheese
- 4 or 5 ripe peaches, halved and pitted
- Olive oil or melted unsalted butter
- 120 gr mascarpone cheese at room temperature
- 50 gr cream
- 1 pinch of cinnamon
- Heat a griddle or grill over medium heat. Brush peaches with olive oil or butter.
- Mix mascarpone cheese with cream and cinnamon, and reserve.
- Place peaches cut side down on a hot griddle or grill and cook for 3-4 minutes on each side until tender and browned, with distinct grill marks. Place the peaches on a serving dish, drizzle with honey and serve with the mascarpone cream.