This desert is so delicious and easy to make! The dough is made with every-day ingredients, and you can use any fruit that is in season. You will not regret trying this out!
I find this particular cobbler to be very appealing, since mixing peaches with blueberries make it extremely juicy and so flavorful! It really makes no difference whether the blueberries are fresh or frozen.
The dough has an incredible texture, soft on the inside and crispy on the outside. Serving this cobbler with vanilla ice cream is a must! Keep this recipe to try it out with any summer fruit, you will love it
If you try out this Blueberry Peach Cobbler, please do not forget to rate it and leave a comment! I love reading and replying to all your comments! You can also tag your pics to @elinasaiach on Instagram!
Blueberry Peach Cobbler
For the dough:
- 250 gr all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 45 gr white sugar
- 110 gr unsalted cold butter, cubed
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 250 gr whipping cream, cold
For the filling:
- 900 gr blueberries and peeled peaches (fresh or frozen)
- 100 gr white sugar
- 45 gr lemon juice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp cornstarch
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tbsp melted unsalted butter + sugar for dusting
- Vanilla ice cream or whipped cream for serving
- For the dough: in a bowl, mix all the dry ingredients. Rub in the cold butter until the mixture is crumbly. Add vanilla and gradually add the cream mixing with a fork. Then work with your hand or a spatula folding the dough until it comes together (it will be sticky). Dust the work surface with flour, place the sticky dough on top, dust with more flour, and stretch it with your hands to form a rectangle. Cut it into 4 strips and then place one on top of the other, forming a pile. Then stretch it again, about 1cm (¼ inch) thick, cut out the dough using a round cookie cutter, and chill them for 30-40 minutes.
- For the filling: Preheat oven at 200°C/380°F. Mix fruit, sugar, lemon, cornstarch, cinnamon and vanilla. Pour into a 22-24cm (8-9 inch) pie dish, pressing the fruit together a little. Cover with the discs of dough neatly lined together and brush them with the melted and cooled butter, sprinkle with sugar and bake for 10 minutes, reduce the heat to 180°C/350°F and bake for 50-60 more minutes, or until golden and bubbly. Let it cool for 15 minutes or serve at room temperature with ice cream or whipped cream.