These muffins are awesome! Perfect for brunch or lunch. Bacon and cheddar cheese is a match made in heaven!
They are best had right out of the oven! They make a great side for soups, salads or a hearty snack on their own! They are also a very practical lunchbox option, kids love them! You can even freeze them and then pop them right in the oven. Try them and let me know what you think!
If you try out these Bacon and Cheddar Cheese Muffins, please do not forget to rate it and leave a comment! I love reading and replying to all your comments! You can also tag your pics to @elinasaiach on Instagram!
Bacon and Cheddar Cheese Muffins
- 150 gr bacon, chopped
- about 1 taza cup green onion, chopped
- 100 gr Cheddar cheese, grated
- 225 gr all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 165 ml milk + ½ tsp white vinegar or lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 150 gr plain unsweetened yogurt
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- Preheat oven at 180ºC / 350ºF. Grease muffin cups.
- Cook bacon in a skillet over medium heat until crisp. Drain on paper towel.
- In a large bowl, mix flour, baking powder and baking soda. In another bowl, mix milk, vinegar, salt, yogurt, oil and egg. Gradually, pour the liquid ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix. Then add the onion, bacon and cheese, and mix to combine.
- Fill each muffin cup with a large tablespoon of the batter and sprinkle each one with more Cheddar cheese (optional). Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden. Serve warm or at room temperature.