I just love galettes. I never grow tired of them, whether they are sweet or savory. I always keep some pie dough in the freezer, ready to roll out, fill with whatever veggies I have at home and bake. The possibilities are endless, all you need is a little creativity!
Basically, all you need for this recipe is to roast any veggies you have at home and place them on the uncooked crust with some cheese. It makes a prefect lunch together with some salad.
The beauty of a galette is that it meant to be a rustic, so it does not need to look perfect!
If you try out this Grilled vegetable galette, please do not forget to rate it and leave a comment! I love reading and replying to all your comments! You can also tag your pics to @elinasaiach on Instagram!
Grilled Vegetables Galette
For the pie crust:
- 200 grs all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 100 grs cold unsalted butter cut into bits
- 3-4 cdas ice cold water
For the filling:
- 1/2 butternut squash
- 1 large carrot
- 1/2 red bell pepper
- 1 medium size sweet potato
- 1 medium size onion
- Fresh herbs, like thyme or rosemary
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 50 grs cheese (I used half mozzarella and half Parmesan, but any other cheese will do)
- For the crust: Mix flour and salt. Rub in the butter until the mixture is crumbly. Add 3 – 4 tbsp ice cold water to form the dough. Do not knead. Chill for 30 minutes.
- For the vegetables: Preheat oven at 210-220°C/410-430°F. Cut up the vegetables and place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, drizzle with olive oil and season with salt, pepper and fresh herbs. Roast for 20-30 minutes or until the edges are golden brown. Let cool.
- Assembling: Lower the oven to 200°C/390°F. Remove the dough from the fridge and roll it out into a circle on parchment paper. Place it on a baking sheet and sprinkle with cheese, leaving a 1-inch border. Place the roasted vegetables on top, fold the edges of the dough around the filling, and gently pleat to seal. Optional: Brush the edges of the dough with cream (or egg wash) and sprinkle with sea salt.Bake for 30-35 minutes or until golden. Serve hot.