Get ready to elevate your taste buds with this stunning Vegetable Focaccia that bursts with colors and flavors!
Imagine sinking your teeth into a pillowy-soft focaccia base, adorned with a vibrant medley of fresh vegetables. Juicy cherry tomatoes, sweet bell peppers, and caramelized onions dance together on a canvas of fluffy dough!
This visually stunning and mouthwatering creation is perfect for summer gatherings, al fresco dining, or as a centerpiece for your next brunch spread.
Creating this Vegetable Focaccia is a delightful journey. Start by preparing the dough, allowing it to rise until it reaches the perfect fluffy texture. Then, artfully arrange your favorite vegetables, letting their natural beauty shine through. Drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle with aromatic herbs, and season with a pinch of sea salt.
If you try out this Vegetable Focaccia, please do not forget to rate it and leave a comment! I love reading and replying to all your comments! You can also tag your pics to @elinasaiach on Instagram!
- 330 g warm water
- 5 g active dry yeast
- 10 g salt
- 1/2 tbsp sugar
- 30 g olive oil
- 500 g all-purpose flour
- Toppings: olive oil, cherry tomatoes, mini sweet peppers, red onion, fresh herbs and flaky salt.
- In a large bowl (or the bowl of the electric mixer), mix water, yeast, sugar, salt and olive oil. Add flour and mix by hand or electric mixer (do not knead). The dough will be soft.
- Cover with plastic wrap and let rise in a warm place away from drafts for 2 hours.
- Drizzle olive oil onto a baking dish measuring 8×12-inch. Spread the dough on top, stretching it with your fingertips. Drizzle more olive oil over the dough, and then add the vegetables and fresh herbs on top. Press down gently with your fingers to slightly embed the vegetables into the dough, allowing them to be coated with oil. Sprinkle flaky sea salt on top.
- Let it rest for another 20 minutes and then place it in a preheated oven at 410°F/210°C for 30 minutes or until golden brown.