This cake with dulce de leche, whipped cream, meringue cookies and berries is simply divine!!
As a dessert, a birthday cake, or simply for hosting friends and family at home, there’s nothing quite like this Summer Cake. Prepare it and you’ll see that it’s a hit, and everyone will want an extra slice!
If you try out this Summer Cake, please do not forget to rate it and leave a comment! I love reading and replying to all your comments! You can also tag your pics to @elinasaiach on Instagram!
For the cake:
- 1/2 cup whole milk (120g)
- 1 tbsp butter (15g)
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sugar (200g)
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cup all-purpose flour (150g)
- 2 tsp baking powder
For the toppings:
- Syrup, optional
- 18 oz Dulce de Leche (500g)
- 2 cups heavy cream (240g)
- 1 tbsp confectioners' sugar
- 5 to 7 oz Vanilla Meringues Cookies (150 to 200g) I used the ones from Trader Joe's)
- Berries, I used strawberries and raspberries
- Preheat the oven to 350°F/180°C. Grease a 9 inch cake pan. Melt the butter with the milk and set aside. Beat the eggs with the sugar and vanilla extract. Add the flour and baking powder, and mix. Add the warm milk with the melted butter and mix until well combined. Pour the batter into the pan and bake for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Allow to cool.
- For the cream: Whip the heavy cream with the confectioners' sugar at medium speed until you achieve the desired consistency.
- For assembly: Optionally, brush the cake with the syrup. On top, place a generous amount of dulce de leche and spread it on the sides as well. Add the Chantilly cream, chopped meringue cookies, and the red berries. Slice and enjoy!