Indulge in the heavenly combination of crispy yet delicate Pavlova topped with creamy dulce de leche! This Pavlova with Dulce de Leche is the perfect sweet treat to satisfy your cravings and impress your guests.
I know that some of you may be a little frightened at the thought of making this dessert, but I can assure you that if you follow the recipe to the letter, you will have amazing results! Actually, it’s much easier than you may think.
Everyone loves this dessert, and it can be filled with anything you want! Personally, I like to use lots of whipped cream and whatever I happen to have at home: maybe some dulce de leche, lemon curd, jam and seasonal fruit. Pavlova is a great fresh dessert that always looks amazing!
You can bake the Pavlova 1 or 2 days ahead and fill it up to 3 hours before serving. After that, it starts turning mushy.
If you try out these Pavlova with Dulce de Leche, please do not forget to rate it and leave a comment! I love reading and replying to all your comments! You can also tag your pics to @elinasaiach on Instagram!
Pavlova with Dulce de Leche
For the Pavlova:
- 5 eggs, at room temperature
- Pinch of salt
- 1 1/2 tbsp cold water
- 250 g white sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp lemon juice or white vinegar
- 15 g cornstarch
For the filling:
- Dulce de Leche
- 1 cup whipped cream, very cold
- Fresh berries or any other seasonal fruit of your choice
- Preheat oven at 130°C/265°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and draw a 15cm circle in the middle.
- Beat egg whites and salt until soft peaks form. Reduce the speed of the mixer and add the water and sugar. Increase the speed again and beat for 5-7 minutes until stiff peaks form. Fold in vanilla, lemon or vinegar and cornstarch, mixing gently until well- combined.
- Spread the meringue onto the prepared baking sheet to fill the circle, using the spatula to shape it.
- Bake for 1 hour. Reduce the temperature to 110°C/235°F and bake for another 40 minutes. Turn off the oven and let meringue sit inside with the door closed for 1 ½ hours.
- Fill the Pavlova with dulce de leche, whipped cream and fresh fruit.