This is one of the best cakes for teatime. It is super spongy, sweet and with an incredible lemon flavor!
I love this type of cake for breakfast, or any other time of day. I used 3 small cake pans, but you can totally use a large one. It is so good that there will not be any leftovers! I strongly recommend that you give it a try; you will love it!
Since I started making this cake, I have never needed to go back to Starbucks to have a delicious slice of lemon cake. This one is amazing!
If you are wondering whether you can replace the lemon with any other citrus fruit, the answer is yes! It tastes really good with orange as well.
The good thing about this recipe is that it needs everyday pantry ingredients that you are most likely to have at home.
If you are looking for other lemon recipes, check out my Lemon Squares and Lemon Poppy Seed Cake.
If you try out this Lemon Loaf Cake, please do not forget to rate it and leave a comment! I love reading and replying to all your comments! You can also tag your pics to @elinasaiach on Instagram!
Lemon Loaf Cake
- 220 grs unsalted butter, softened
- 250 grs white sugar
- Zest of 2 lemons
- 4 eggs
- 220 grs all-purpose flour
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 3 tbsp milk
Para el glasé:
- 200 grs powdered sugar
- Juice of ½ lemon
- Preheat oven to 170ºC / 340ºF. Grease and flour a loaf or cake pan. I used 3 small ones.
- Cream together sugar, butter and lemon zest. Add eggs, one at a time and beat until smooth.
- In another bowl, sift together flour and baking powder. Fold into the wet ingredients and beat on low speed until fully incorporated. Add milk, mix and pour into the prepared pan. Bake for 45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Baking time will vary depending on the size of the pan you use. Let cool.
- For the glaze: In a small bowl, mix the powdered sugar and lemon juice. If it is too thick, add a few more drops of lemon juice; if it is too thin, add a little more sugar. Spread the glaze over the cooled loaf and allow to set.