I love making decorated cookies for special occasions! Easter is almost here, so we have already started baking these delicious Lemon Cookies at home!
The icing is very easy to make, just mix all the ingredients and add a few drops of the food coloring of your choice. Finish decorating with sprinkles and kids will love them! No expertise is required to decorate these cookies, they don’t need to look perfect. You can use a small piping bag to draw lines or dots, or just use sprinkles. They will look amazing and everyone will love them!
If you try out these Lemon Easter Cookies, please do not forget to rate it and leave a comment! I love reading and replying to all your comments! You can also tag your pics to @elinasaiach on Instagram!
Lemon Easter Cookies
- 100 g unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 100 g white sugar
- 1 tbsp lemon zest
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp whole milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 285 g all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Pinch of salt
For the glaze:
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2-4 tbsp water
- A few drops of the food coloring of your choice
- Sprinkles (optional)
- Preheat oven at 190°C/370°F. Grease and flour a baking sheet.
- Beat butter and sugar. Add the lemon zest, egg, milk and vanilla extract.
- Sift together flour, baking powder and salt, and add to the mixture. Knead just until the dough comes together.
- Dust the work surface with flour, roll out the dough and cut out shapes with cookie cutters. Bake for 10-12 minutes. Let them cool completely.
- For the frosting: Mix together powdered sugar and water to obtain the desired consistency. If it is too thick, add a few drops of water to thin it out, and if it is too runny, add some more confectioners' sugar. Then add a few drops of food coloring and mix well. Add some sprinkles.