I had never been such a big Carrot Cake fan until I tried this one! It is super tasty, really easy to make, and the cream cheese frosting makes all the difference! I used dark brown sugar; you can also use light brown sugar, it will just turn out slightly lighter in color.
You will love this cake so much that you will want to make time and time again! It is by far the best carrot cake in the world! You must really try it!
The first thing you need to do when prepping the ingredients is grate the carrots, since it is the most time-consuming task. I suggest using a fine grater to get an even moistier cake.
All you need to do is mix all the ingredients, add the grated carrots, dried fruit and grated coconut. Then pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake it for about 60 minutes.
I usually use a springform pan for a tall cake, but you can also use 2 smaller pans and fill the layers with cream cheese frosting.
Another great idea, especially for kids, is using muffin tins. They look so pretty!!
You can store this carrot cake in the freezer wrapped in plastic wrap. It defrosts really well and will still taste amazing!
If you try out this Carrot Cake, please do not forget to rate it and leave a comment! I love reading and replying to all your comments! You can also tag your pics to @elinasaiach on Instagram!
- 280 gr all-purpose flour
- 450 gr finely grated carrots
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 pinch of ground cloves
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 280 gr vegetable oil
- 250 gr white sugar
- 200 gr dark or light brown sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- zest of 1 orange
- 85 gr shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup raisins
For the frosting:
- 2 1/2 cups cups powdered sugar
- 175 gr unsalted butter at room temperature
- 340 gr cream cheese at room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven at 180°C/350°F. Grease and line the bottom of a springform pan with parchment paper.
- In a bowl mix together flour, baking powder, baking soda, cloves, cinnamon, nutmeg and ginger.
- In another large bowl, or the bowl of the stand mixer, mix white and dark sugar, eggs, oil, vanilla and orange zest. Gradually add the dry ingredients and mix to combine. Add carrots, coconut, dried fruit and mix until just combined.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for about 60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let cool.
- For the frosting: mix together cream cheese, butter and vanilla extract. Gradually add the powdered sugar and beat for 1-2 minutes. Spread the frosting over the cake.