To make good use of the abundance of strawberries I have at home, I made this super easy jam for breakfast. I also added blueberries and the result was amazing!
I love having some nice toasts with homemade jam for breakfast. We usually think it is really time consuming but then we realize it is quite easy to make. If you eat jam on a regular basis, you can make large batches and store it, or even give it away as a gift!
If you try out this Strawberry Jam, please do not forget to rate it and leave a comment! I love reading and replying to all your comments! You can also tag your pics to @elinasaiach on Instagram!
- 500 gr strawberries, halved or quartered cortadas en 2 o 4 partes
- 50 gr blueberries
- 250 gr white sugar
- Zest and juice of half a lemon
- Place the sugar, zest and lemon juice in a pan over very low heat and stir until the sugar dissolves. Add strawberries and blueberries and cook for 20-30 minutes over low heat stirring occasionally.
- To test for doneness, place a little jam on a cold plate (you can put the plate in the fridge beforehand), run your finger through the jam on the plate, and if it does not try to run back together, it is done.
- Remove from the heat and transfer to jars. It keeps in the fridge for up to 2 weeks, or longer if the jars are sterilized.