My absolute favorite! My husband’s aunt passed this recipe on to me, and I have been making it ever since.
It is the perfect teatime cake, it can also be served as dessert covered in chocolate ganache with a scoop of ice cream, or even turned into a birthday cake with a nice filling. It really is THE BEST CHOCOLATE CAKE! Soft, spongy and with just the right amount of sweetness.
Besides all of the above, it is easy, delicious and quick. All you need to do is mix up all the ingredients in just one bowl and pop it in the oven!
This time I made 4 small cakes, but you can use any pan you want.
If you try out this Simple Chocolate Bundt Cake, please do not forget to rate it and leave a comment! I love reading and replying to all your comments! You can also tag your pics to @elinasaiach on Instagram!
Simple Chocolate Bundt Cake
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 180ºC / 350ºF. Grease and flour a cake pan.
- In a bowl, beat the eggs and sugar. Add the flour, the oil, and then the cocoa powder and mix to combine.
- Add the boiling water and let it sit for 1 minute until the batter sets.
- Add the baking powder and salt and mix to combine.
- Pour the batter into the pan and bake for 40-45 minutes. Let it cool and remove from the pan.
- Sift the dry ingredients to avoid lumps.
- It can be frozen once it is cool. It is equally tasty!
- It can be served on its own, with dulce de leche, chocolate frosting, etc.