Autumn is here, in the Northern hemisphere, making changes in the nature around us, the trees, the plants, the weather. I am particularly fond of this season, especially of the colors of the trees and the rustling of the leaves under my feet.
This Pumpkin Bread is typical of this season in the US, to take advantage of the abundance of pumpkin. I really hope you decide to give it a try, I am sure you will love it, it is so tasty! It is a classic at home and we make it very often, it is always a hit!
It could not be easier to make! Once the pumpkin is mashed, you just mix up all the ingredients in a bowl and it is ready to bake. You can also make muffins with this same batter; it is great for kids and a perfect lunchbox snack.
You can also sprinkle the top with sugar and cinnamon before baking, I really recommend it! It makes the top crunchy and super good!
If you try out this Pumpkin Bread, please do not forget to rate it and leave a comment! I love reading and replying to all your comments! You can also tag your pics to @elinasaiach on Instagram!
- 320 grs mashed pumpkin
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 320 grs white sugar
- 300 grs all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 pinch of salt
- 3/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- Preheat oven to 180ºC / 350ºF. Grease and flour a Bundt cake pan.
- In a large bowl, mix the mashed pumpkin, oil, eggs and sugar. Sift together the flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg and ginger. Add to the wet ingredients and mix until well combined. Pour into the pan. *Optional: Mix 1 tbsp sugar with 1 tsp cinnamon and sprinkle over the top before baking.
- Bake for 60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let cool down for 10 minutes and turn it onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- In my IG highlights, I also show you how to make muffins with this same batter. In that case, the cooking time is reduced to 20 minutes.
- To make the mashed pumpkin, bake a whole pumpkin at 220ºC / 430ºF until it is tender. Peel it and mash it.
- The pumpkin can be replaced with sweet potato.