In my Instagram stories I asked which lemon recipes you would like, and many of you asked for “Lemon Bars”. They are so delicious! A crunchy crust topped with an amazing lemon curd! I just love that golden color when they come out of the oven. I am sure you are going to love these!
It requires everyday pantry ingredients, and it is one of those recipes that always comes out great! You can easily eat them with your fingers, and they are the perfect size for a sweet treat!!
If you try out these Lemon Bars, please do not forget to rate it and leave a comment! I love reading and replying to all your comments! You can also tag your pics to @elinasaiach on Instagram!
For the crust:
- 130 grs all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 113 grs unsalted butter, cubed
For the filling:
- 4 eggs + 1 yolk
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 2 tbsp lemon zest
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- Pinch of salt
- Powdered sugar
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F. Line a 20cm/8-inch baking sheet with parchment paper.
- For the crust: Put the flour, white sugar and salt in a blender or food processor and mix. Add the butter and process (you can also use your hands) until the dough comes together. Press the dough lightly into the baking sheet with your fingers. Bake for 20 minutes.
- In the meantime, mix all the filling ingredients in a bowl and reserve.
- Take the tray out of the oven and cover the baked crust with the filling. Bake for another 20 minutes, or until the filling is set. Let it cool at room temperature and then refrigerate for 4 hours.
- Cut into squares and dust with powdered sugar right before serving.
- Sift the flour to avoid lumps.
- Once cooled, they can be frozen for up to 3 months wrapped in film or tinfoil. Defrost in the fridge or countertop as needed, and dust with powdered sugar right before serving.
- To cut the squares more easily, heat the blade of the knife by dipping it in hot water. Dry it before cutting.