Chocolate and zucchini?? Yes!!! Do not hesitate to try out this cake because it is really good! I promise you will love it! It does not taste of zucchini, but they give the cake an incredible texture and moisture. You will surely want to make it a second time. It is also a great way for kids to eat their veggies.
This cake is very fluffy, you can neither see nor taste the zucchini, and it is really awesome! It is so much better than it appears to be in the picture, and you can even serve it as dessert with a chocolate glaze.
I made this cake for the first time one summer that we had harvested so many zucchinis at home, that when I thought I had already tried out all the zucchini recipes possible, I decided to try out this one, and there was no coming back! And the best part is that no one can possibly guess what it is made of one!
If you try out this Chocolate Zucchini Bundt Cake, please do not forget to rate it and leave a comment! I love reading and replying to all your comments! You can also tag your pics to @elinasaiach on Instagram!
Chocolate Zucchini Bundt Cake
- 110 g unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 150 g granulated sugar
- 200 g brown sugar
- 120 g vegetable oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 270 g all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 50 g Dutch-processed cocoa powder
- 120 g whole milk yogurt
- 300 g shredded zucchini
- 110 g semi-sweet chocolate, finely chopped
For the Chocolate Glaze:
- 240 g heavy cream
- 225 g semi-sweet chocolate, finely chopped
- Preheat the oven to 170°C/340°F. Grease a bundt cake pan and dust it with unsweetened cocoa powder.
- Beat the butter until soft and creamy. Add the white sugar and brown sugar and beat well. Add oil and vanilla and beat for 4 minutes. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition.
- In a bowl, sift together flour, baking powder and cocoa powder. Add them to the egg mixture alternating with the yogurt and mix to combine.
- Add the zucchini and mix with a wooden spoon. Add the melted chocolate and mix to combine.Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out barely moist.
- For the ganache: Bring the cream to a boil over low heat. Remove from the heat and add the chocolate. Let it stand for a few minutes and stir until smooth. Once it has cooled and thickened, pour it over the cake.