These cookies are my kids’ favorites! At home, we gobble them up in no time! It is a great idea to always have an air-tight container filled with these irresistible cookies. You can use different cookie cutter shapes: round, starts, hearts!
This dough is very easy to make and never fails. It is also the perfect recipe to make together with our kids, who will also love decorating them!
If you try out these Butter Cookies, please do not forget to rate it and leave a comment! I love reading and replying to all your comments! You can also tag your pics to @elinasaiach on Instagram!
- 100 grs unsalted butter
- 100 grs white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 285 grs all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to at 190°C/370°F. Grease and flour a baking sheet.
- Cream together butter and sugar. Add the egg, milk and vanilla.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder and salt and slowly add to the mix. Knead until the dough comes together.
- Roll out onto a floured surface and cut into shapes with cookie cutters. Bake for 10-12 minutes. Let cool and transfer to a cooling rack.
- To make chocolate cookies, just replace 2 tbsp flour for unsweetened cocoa powder.
- You can add nuts, almonds, peanuts, etc.
- Store in air-tight containers.