The weekend is almost here, and there is nothing better than having breakfast with the family on a cold winter morning, and even better if it is with homemade pancakes! So, I would like to share this easy, light recipe with you, that has neither sugar nor flour. It only takes a minute to mix up the batter!
If you happen to have very ripe bananas, this is the perfect way to make good use of them! I am sure this recipe will become your new breakfast favorite!
Just blend or process all the ingredients together and the batter is ready to cook! They are so tasty and healthy! I always serve them with maple syrup or honey and garnished with fresh fruit to make them even more irresistible!
If you try out these Oatmeal Banana Pancakes, please do not forget to rate it and leave a comment! I love reading and replying to all your comments! You can also tag your pics to @elinasaiach on Instagram!
Oatmeal Banana Pancakes
- 2 whole eggs + 2 egg whites
- 1 very ripe banana, mashed
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon + ½ tsp ground ginger
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Put all the ingredients in a blender, and blend for 30-40 seconds until the oatmeal is ground and the batter is lumpy and thick. It is ok if there are some small bits of whole oats.
- Heat up a small skillet over medium heat with 1 tsp olive oil. Pour approximately ¼ cup of the batter on the skillet and cook until small bubbles begin to appear on the surface. Flip over with a spatula and cook it for another minute, or until golden. Repeat with the rest of the batter.