Yesterday I posted the recipe for Stuffed Eggs, and I got some messages asking about the eggs cooking time, how to avoid green edges and avoid breaking them while peeling.
Truth is, I had asked myself those same questions for a long time, so I am now sharing these tips so you can get perfectly cooked eggs.
If you try out these Boiled Eggs, please do not forget to rate it and leave a comment! I love reading and replying to all your comments! You can also tag your pics to @elinasaiach on Instagram!
- Place the eggs in a pan and cover with cold water. The eggs should be covered by a few centimeters of water.
- Place on a high flame, uncovered.
- As soon as it begins to boil, remove the pan from the fire and put a lid on. In this way, the eggs will continue cooking.
- Leave the eggs in the hot water with the lid on until desired doneness, from 4 minutes for soft-boiled eggs, to 10-12 minutes for fully cooked eggs.
- Then remove the eggs from the hot water and gently tap them on the kitchen counter to slightly crack the surface.
- Place the eggs in a bowl with ice cold water for at least 1 minute to stop them from overcooking, or better yet, leave them until they are completely cooled.
- Peel and cut in half.
- If you want to make the Stuffed Eggs from the previous post, leave the eggs inside the covered pan for a maximum of 10-12 minutes.