This delicious pie is super quick and easy to make. The bottom of the cookie pie crust is spread with dulce de leche, covered with banana slices and topped with whipped cream. Irresistible to both kids and grown-ups!
If you try out this Banoffee Pie, please do not forget to rate it and leave a comment! I love reading and replying to all your comments! You can also tag your pics to @elinasaiach on Instagram!
- 2 cups processed cookies (such as Lincoln)
- 100 grs unsalted butter, melted
- 300 grs dulce de leche
- 3 bananas cut into slices
- 300 ml whipped cream (sweetened or unsweetened)
- Chocolate shavings for decoration (optional)
- Preheat oven to at 180°C/350°F.
- Process the cookies, add the melted butter and mix. It should look like wet sand.
- Press the mixture into the bottom and up the sides of a 24cm (10-inch) baking dish using the bottom of a measuring cup, a glass or even your hands. Bake for 5-7 minutes and let it cool.
- Cover the bottom with dulce de leche, place the banana slices on top, cover with whipped cream and top with chocolate shavings. Chill for at least 30 minutes and serve.