These cubes make an easy and tasty side dish for any meal, and are also a kid’s favorite. You just need to combine all the ingredients, shape the mix into cubes and bake. They are crunchy on the outside and tender on the inside, with just the perfect hint of sweetness!
At home, we sometimes have them as a main dish dipped in ketchup, and they are to die for! You can make them ahead and heat them up right before serving. The longer they are in the oven, the crunchier they will be.
Adding the butter and herbs adds the perfect touch to these sweet potato cubes.
You can also make a big batch and keep them in the freezer. I strongly recommend that you give this recipe a try!
If you try out these Baked sweet potato cubes, please do not forget to rate it and leave a comment! I love reading and replying to all your comments! You can also tag your pics to @elinasaiach on Instagram!
Baked Sweet Potato Cubes
- 3 sweet potatoes
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese or any other hard cheese
- Salt and pepper
- Panko o breadcrumbs
- Olive Oil
- 50 grs butter (opcional)
- Fresh herbs, like thyme, parsley, sag (opcional)
- Preheat the oven to 220°C/430°F. Wash the sweet potatoes, prick the skin with a fork and place them on a baking sheet. Bake for about 45 minutes until they are tender and let them cool.
- Peel them with your hands, put them in a bowl and mash them. Add the cheese, salt and pepper to taste. Mix to combine.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and place scoops of the mix on the paper. Use your fingers to shape them into cubes.
- Fill a bowl with panko or breadcrumbs and dip them one by one to coat. Place them back on the baking sheet. Drizzle each one with olive oil. Bake in a preheated the oven at 220°C/430°F for 15 minutes, flip them over and bake for another 15 minutes, or until golden and crispy.
- Optional: Before they are done, melt the butter in a small skillet. Add the herbs and sautée for a few more seconds. Drizzle the cubes with the melted butter as you take them out of the oven, and serve right away.
- The longer they are in the oven, the crunchier they will be.
- They are awesome dipped in ketchup.
- You can make them ahead and reheat when needed.
- You can freeze them once they are cold. To reheat, pull them out of the freezer and pop them right in the oven at 220°C/430°F.