This amazing creamy soup that contains no cream, is very easy to make. The trick here is adding oats to get a creamy texture.
The broth is made using the ends of the asparagus, and then just mix all the ingredients together. It is a very healthy option for a light dinner.
You can garnish the soup with croutons, Parmesan cheese, seeds or fresh herbs.
If you try out this Asparagus Soup, please do not forget to rate it and leave a comment! I love reading and replying to all your comments! You can also tag your pics to @elinasaiach on Instagram!
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 cup asparagus broth (boil the hard ends + 1 ½ cups water until they are tender)
- 1 cup vegetable or chicken stock
- 1/4 cup rolled oats
- 550 gr asparagus (trimmed)
- Lemon rind
- Salt and pepper
- In a pan, heat oil over medium heat. Add onion and garlic and sauté until softened.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and simmer uncovered over medium heat for 15 minutes, or until the asparagus are tender.
- Blend and serve.