I was also lucky enough to bring a few back home and I’m happy to show you one of the simplest ways to cook and enjoy this wonderful produce. With just a little prep work at the beginning, this dish comes together in less than an hour.
Check out my Instagram account for the step by step of this amazing recipe!
If you try out this Artichoke with Mustard Vinaigrette, please do not forget to rate it and leave a comment! I love reading
and replying to all your comments! You can also tag your pics to @elinasaiach on Instagram!
Artichoke with Mustard Vinaigrette
- Artichokes, Ocean Mist Farm
- 3 or 4 Lemons sliced
For the Mustard Vinaigrette:
- 6 tbsp red or white wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 100 ml extra virgen olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Remove the small leaves at the base and cut off the stem. Set up a pot with water, salt and lemon. Cover the pot and cook the artichokes upside down until a fork easily pierces through the artichoke heart, about 40’. Allow to cool upside down.
- While the artichokes cool, make the vinaigrette with dijon mustard, vinegar, olive oil, salt and pepper. Add artichokes to a platter with the vinaigrette. Dip the artichoke leaves, stem and heart into the vinaigrette and enjoy!