Halloween is coming, and we are all thinking of the delicious things we are going to have! These cookies are the perfect treat for both kids and grown-ups. The recipe is very simple, and great to make at home together with the kids, who really look forward to starting preparations for this special day, when not only costumes are important, but also the treats to be shared with friends and neighbors. You all know that what I really enjoy the most is sharing homemade and delicious things!
To be real Halloween cookies, they obviously need to be cut out in funny shapes, and this time, I chose the typical pumpkin shape.
The dough is very easy to make, just mix up all the ingredients, roll out the dough, cut out the cookies and pop them in the oven.
To decorate (totally optional), I brushed them with melted butter and dipped them in sugar and cinnamon. The result is so good!! Since they are a little spicy, they smell amazing and are quite irresistible! It is not easy to resist the temptation of eating them right away!
You can watch every step of the process on my Instagram. Make the most of this special day by cooking with your kids!!
If you try out these Halloween Cookies, please do not forget to rate it and leave a comment! I love reading and replying to all your comments! You can also tag your pics to @elinasaiach on Instagram!
- 110 g unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 100 g light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp whole milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
- 285 g all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp melted unsalted butter
- 2 tbsp white sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 190ºC / 370ºF. Grease and flour a baking sheet, or line it with parchment paper.
- Beat butter and sugar. Add the egg, milk and vanilla extract.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients. Knead just until the dough comes together, but do not overdo it. Chill for 20 minutes.
- Roll out the dough on a floured surface. If needed, sprinkle the top with a little flour to prevent it from sticking. Cut dough into shapes with cookie cutters and bake them.
- Let them cool, brush them with melted butter and dip them into the sugar and cinnamon mixture.