The key to delicious, spongy muffins is using very ripe bananas. Sometimes we do not know what to do with overripe bananas, especially when they turn black. These are perfect for this recipe, since they are sweeter, easier to mash, and make these muffins soft and extremely moist.
Making these muffins is quick and easy, all you need to do is combine everything in a bowl starting with the wet ingredients and then adding in the dry ones. Bake for 20-25 minutes and there you go….they are perfect for teatime!
If you are looking for more recipes with bananas, you may want to check out Banana Bundt Cake, Moist Banana Cake and Banana Oatmeal Pancakes.
If you try out these Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins, please do not forget to rate it and leave a comment! I love reading and replying to all your comments! You can also tag your pics to @elinasaiach on Instagram!
Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins
- 4 very ripe medium-size bananas (or 3 if they are very big)
- 1/4 cup cup melted coconut oil (or melted unsalted butter)
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsps vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup chopped chocolate or chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 180°C / 350°F. Grease and flour a muffin tin.
- In a large bowl, mix the mashed bananas, coconut oil (or butter), honey, eggs and vanilla extract. Then add the flour, baking soda and cinnamon, and mix to combine. Add the chopped chocolate and combine.
- Scoop the batter into the muffin cups, filling each about 2/3 full. Bake for 20-25 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.