I totally love this for a nice family dinner or when I have some friends over! This chicken is tender, juicy and so aromatic!
It is made with simple ingredients you probably already have in your kitchen! I love to serve it with salads, roasted vegetables or smashed potatoes!
You should try this recipe! The step-by-step is so so simple!
If you try out these Whole Roasted Chicken with Lemon and Herbs, please do not forget to rate it and leave a comment! I love reading and replying to all your comments! You can also tag your pics to @elinasaiach on Instagram!
Whole Roasted Chicken with Lemon and Herbs
- 1 whole chicken (4-pound), giblets removed from cavity
- 2 onions, sliced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 or 3 lemons
- Fresh herbs (sage, thyme, rosemary)
- 2 or 3 garlic cloves, minced
- Salt and pepper
- 1 cup white wine
- Preheat the oven 425F/ 220C. Place the onions and the chicken in a roasting pan.
- In a small bowl, combine the olive oil, lemon juice, fresh herbs chopped, garlic, salt and pepper. Rub the mixture over the skin of the chicken and underneath the skin. Insert in the chicken cavity lemon slices and a handful of fresh herbs. Add the white wine into the roasting pan and some lemon slices.
- Roast the chicken for 1 1/2 hour, basting the chicken with the pan juice every 20-30 minutes. Serve immediately.