Banana Pudding! Oh my gosh, soo good!! So easy to make, delicious and no bake needed! Made with layers of Nilla Wafers, a homemade vanilla pudding and fresh banana slices.
I’m sure you’ll love this classic recipe!! Check out the step by step on my Instagram!
If you try out this Banana Pudding, please do not forget to rate it and leave a comment! I love reading and replying to all your comments! You can also tag your pics to @elinasaiach on Instagram!
- 1/2 box Nilla wafers
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2-3 ripe bananas, sliced
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1/2 cup sugar, divided
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 5 eggs yolk
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- Pinch of salt
- Whipped cream or Swiss Meringue
- In a medium saucepan, bring the milk, 1/4 cup sugar, butter, salt and vanilla to a gentle boil. Remove form the heat.
- In a medium size bowl, whisk the egg yolks, 1/4 sugar and cornstarch.
- In small amounts, whisk a little of the hot milk into the egg bowl. This is to temper the eggs yolk. Once the bottom of the bowl is warm, slowly whisk in the remaining warm milk.
- Pour the mixture back into the saucepan and whisk constantly over medium-low heat about 2-3 minutes until it thickens and becomes a pudding texture.
- Transfer the pastry cream to a container. Press a piece of plastic wrap onto the surface of the pastry cream to prevent a skin from forming. Refrigerate.
- Whip heavy cream until stiff peaks form. Fold into pastry cream.
- In a large bowl or small cups, assemble the banana pudding by adding a layer of Nilla wafers, followed by pastry cream mixture and top with a layer of banana slices. Repeat layers. Top dish with whipped cream or Swiss Meringue.